Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome back, me!

Wow, it has been a long time since I last posted! Sometimes, you know, life gets in the way...and for the past few months I have been working on a big big big project that I will share here soon. It has kept me from working on much else, but today I would like to share one of my favorite things about our new house: my craft room!

Here's our lovely house:

And here's what the room looked like before:
Until we discovered that the carpet was hiding hardwood floors! So now, it looks like this:


And, it has a closet! Someday, it will have a door on it. Maybe.
It is soooooooooooo nice to have a little space to work in...and when I leave a project half-finished, I can just close the door! I haven't been working on much, but I have been playing around with some chevrons, inspired by these ones:


and this



but I didn't really think the whole project through before starting. So, I made something like this:


 but it only makes a smallish rectangle. So, I figured I could make two from the jelly roll I had, and then went out and bought another one...so I will have two rectangles that I am currently thinking I will piece together into a quilt top. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!