Thursday, February 9, 2012

Amigurumi Knits

I mentioned in my last post that I received several excellent knitting books for Christmas. The creations in this next one are not quite as tiny, but equally awesome.

There are sea creatures (knitted nautilus!), imaginary creatures (a jackalope!) and, among other things, a pattern for a basket of knitted vegetables. I still need to add the cucumber and the carrot, but here's what I've got so far:
Eggplant (my personal favorite), a tomato, garlic, and a peapod. There's also a pattern for an open peapod so you can see the peas!

The construction techniques on these are excellent - the increases and decreases are so smooth, you don't have any of the little tiny holes you sometimes see in those areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!