Friday, May 25, 2012

My biggest project ever

In my last post I referenced a big big big project that I have been working on for the past few months.

It's really not a crafty project at all, but it has been taking up a lot of my time.

I'm having twins!!!

I can't express in words how excited hubby and I are about this. And I totally want some of these:





Bonus baby!!!

For the first few months, I was literally too tired to do anything except work and then come home and collapse into bed. I was actually going to bed at 4 or 5 in the afternoon and sleeping through until the morning. Now, however, I'm feeling a lot better, so I've started making some simple baby stuff. You know, because making stuff is fun.

I hear babies like these taggy blankets - not sure I see the appeal myself, but they are pretty cute. These were inspired by this post from Maiden Jane. I used old t-shirts that don't fit anymore, and the result is pretty darned cute!

Another great use for old t-shirts - I have been making burp cloths - because I figure twice the babies will mean twice the mess. These are backed with fabric from old t-shirts.
I was inspired by this post here - really, this is the simplest project ever, but it's fun to put cute prints on them. See the dinosaurs? Adorable!

So, for all you moms out there - what's your must-have baby item? Bonus points if it's something I can make myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!