Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Knitting in July

Via pinterest.com, I stumbled across a picture of this blanket. Pretty, right?
 And, luckily, my lovely mother-in-law gave me a big bag of worsted weight yarn last month, all matching.
So, this month's charity project (which actually might take two months because it is so big) will be a blanket for Project Linus.
Project Linus' mission is "to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers."

Instead of following the pattern attached to the original picture that inspired it (I never actually clicked to see where it went until just now...) I figured I would just wing it. So far, so good:

 Not looking like much of a blanket yet, but it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!