Saturday, May 28, 2011

:(

So last weekend I was sewing along...and...CRUNCH!

My machine is busted. Or jammed. Or something. I took it to the nice repair man down the street and he thinks he can fix it, but in the process of trying to fix it myself, I lost the tiny screw that holds the needle in.

That wouldn't be a problem, except that my machine is a billion years old and not in production anymore. Nice repair man thinks he might have a similar model in his sewing machine graveyard to pillage for parts. I hope he's right.

However, before the crunch, I managed to piece together this top!
~quilted advent calendar~
I tried some "fusible" batting on it, which I have never done before. Thought it might be quicker because you can cut out the pinning step, but I'm not sold. It didn't fuse all that well...maybe I didn't set the iron high enough? Has anyone used this before? Have any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!