Sunday, April 3, 2011

Scrappy goodness!

I love scraps.
So, when I came across this tutorial last week, I had to try it.
So I made one.

And then I made a few more...

I love the effect!
All in all, I have a dozen or so. But I think I'm going to hold out and make some more to do a bigger quilt. Problem is, I've used up most of my viable scrap bits...so I might have to wait until I've generated some more scrap material!

In other news, my grandma has agreed to guide me on my first foray into real clothes-making. Today we picked out a pattern and some fabric - stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Erica, I love it. It is so cool that you used my tutorial. I love that you arranged it in the railfence fashion too. I ended up sashing mine so I didn't get to see the full effect with my blocks. It really does work, and it looks busy and organised at the same time (if that makes sense) And it's pretty funny that you used up most of your scraps ... guess it is a real scrapbuster. Happy Quilting! Riel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have plenty of scraps...you can grab some when you come and visit me!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!