Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March Charity: Knit-A-Square

My camera is on the fritz, so I'll have to wait a bit before posting pictures, but I have a dozen hats to donate to knitting and giving. They'll be in the mail in a few days. My mom made one too! It was a lot of fun to play around with different types of yarn and different gauges to get different sizes and styles.

For my March charity, I've chosen...
Knit-A-Square asks knitters to knit 8" squares, which are then sewn together to make blankets which are given to AIDS orphans in South Africa. These children are often abandoned and live in abject poverty, so this charity looks to provide warmth and comfort.

Here are their goals for 2011:
I loved knitting hats, so I might make a few more of those, but I think I'll try some squares too. The blankets they make look so warm!
For these squares, you can use any type of yarn, and any type of stitch you like, as long as they are warm and cozy!I'm looking forward to getting into this one! For more information, check out http://www.knit-a-square.com/index.html!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you!