Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June's Charity Project

I mentioned before that I loved the sock pattern I used in May, so I went with the same designer for June's project: a baby sweater. The pattern is here. The construction is very simple -top down, knit in the round, so there's minimal finishing at the end, which I love. It doesn't use a lot of complicated stitches - just stockinette and garter - but uses those simple techniques to create a sophisticated-looking final product.
baby cardi

I picked up the very cute buttons at a local yarn store here in lovely Middlebury, Vermont, where I am passing my summer as a teacher in the language schools. All this teaching is really cutting into my knitting time...but I still have some of this yarn left and that sweater really needs a hat to match!

 Haven't decided where this should get donated yet...any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!