Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival



Today I am linking up to the Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side. She has an amazing collection of quilts on display, submitted by hundreds of bloggers. Stop by and be inspired!

For my contribution to the festival, I want to talk about my favorite quilt I've made so far. I originally blogged about it here.

First of all, I love scrappy quilts. I love how the randomness of a million different fabrics comes together to create something that, amazingly, looks planned.

From a distance, they look like simple colored blocks. When you look close up, though, you see something new every time.

This was one of the first quilts I ever made, so I learned a lot from the process! It was the first time I had ever tried paper piecing, which was really fun. Thinking about this project makes me want to try it again!

 This quilt is also special to me because I made it as a gift for a very special lady. Growing up, she was like my second mom, and I gave her this quilt as a thank-you gift because last year, when I got married, she hosted a beautiful bridal shower for me. 

So, that's the story of my favorite quilt. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out the other quilts showcased at the quilt festival!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and lovely story :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a scrappy quilt lover, too! Beautiful done and story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful use of scraps and congrats on your first quilt, hopefully many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to snuggle up with that quilt, it just looks so soft and Summery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! So sweet. And yes it looks simple from a far, but it's so neat up close. So many colors and fabrics... and paper piecing.. cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous...love the colors and all the different fabrics you used. thank you so much for sharing it with us -- also your blog is so fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from Hungary. I love your quilt. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colors are beautiful! Great work. :)

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a vibrant quilt. love string quilts and yours is just great. thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely colours, a great quilt and just shows that blocks don't have to be complicated to make a great quilt

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!