Monday, September 14, 2009

General Craftiness and the beginning of a blog

Following in the footsteps of a particularly crafty friend, I've decided to start a record of my own craftiness. (Her blog is here, check it out!) If nothing else, I'll have a record of all the (often silly) things I try to create and I can keep track of what works and what doesn't.

So here's what I've been up to lately. I just finished up a bunch of these (I am terrible at finishing things I start...) The pattern comes from AmyGaines at etsy.com (here) and I think they're just adorable. I made a set last winter as a baby gift, but I don't have any sea turtles at the moment - I'll have to make more because I'd like to have a full set to donate to the church fair in November. The octopus is the most fun to make, so I have lots of those - many still almost finished...

There's a white one...





And a red one...














And a blue one!

I think they're great. Silly and cute and fun to knit. Also they don't take too long so that's another plus in my short-attention-span book.
















There are also whales. Easier to put together because there are fewer pieces, but somehow less satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!